Intern for Agape Animal Rescue
Thank you for your interest in the Agape Animal Rescue internship program. Our mission is to place rescued and displaced dogs with forever homes while educating the public about what it takes to be a responsible pet owner.
As an Intern, you will get real-world experience working with a non-profit organization. You will get to interact with a variety of people and organizations, and you will learn what it takes to keep a business running smoothly and successfully. These are skills you can take with you wherever you end up next!
Intern responsibilities will vary depending on your skill set and our current needs at the time of hire. We are currently looking for the following:
- Accounting Intern
- Public Relations Intern
- Marketing & Event Planning Intern
- Executive Assistant Intern
- Adoption Facilitator Intern
- Foster Program Coordinator Intern
- Provide administrative support to the Director and Members of the Board where needed.
- Attend adoption events as needed.
- Assist with marketing and promotions efforts, including write-ups, event planning, bulk mailings, email newsletters, media relations, and website updates.
- Assist with the dog intake and adoption processes including screening possible dogs for Agape foster parents and Adoption Application processing.
Abilities and Experience Required:
- An interest in animal welfare and wellness.
- Ability to work effectively and independently without supervision as well as working well with others.
- Ability to speak, read, and write the English Language.
- Experience dealing with the public and providing customer service in person, over the phone, and through email.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and try new things.
- Ability to be around dogs.
- Ability to cope with an emotionally-charged environment.
- At least 18 years of age.
What’s it Like to Intern at Agape?
Because we must devote all of our funding to the rehabilitation and care of our dogs, Agape internship positions are unpaid. We will work with you on your schedule and provide as much support as possible for university students interested in advancing their career, regardless of whether you want to go on to start your own non-profit or something completely different. As an organization, we value hard work and dedication, and we strive to create a “win-win” situation with Interns and everyone else interested in helping.
We can accommodate 10 to 40 hours per week and will work with you to determine a schedule based on your availability.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for any of our Intern positions, please complete the application and submit the following:
- Your resume or curriculum vitae.
- A letter of intent explaining why you are interested in the Agape Internship Program and how this experience will help you meet your goals.
- Three references including: names, type of relationship held, and contact information.
- Completed background check authorization form.
Application materials for the Agape Internship Program may be submitted via online application, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 615-349-3506, or mail to:
Agape Animal Rescue
P.O. Box 292766
Nashville, TN 37229
Thank you again for your time and interest in the Agape Animal Rescue Internship Program. We look forward to speaking with you further and appreciate your involvement in saving animals’ lives.